ACC Association Health Plan
Earlier this summer, the federal government revised regulations to allow associations to offer health insurance to their member businesses. These new association health plans (AHPs) afford small businesses the same flexibility in product choices and pricing as large employers. The revision to this federal law was the catalyst for the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce (ACC) joining the Henderson Chamber of Commerce to form CCHPA (Clark County Health Plan Association) and be among the first in the country to offer AHPs to their members who have between one (1) to fifty (50) employees. Coverage will be available September 1, 2018.
Health Plan of Nevada and Sierra Health and Life will provide participating businesses ten (10) comprehensive Affordable Care Act-compliant plans with rates guaranteed until September 2020. These plans also offer higher-quality benefits than many other ACA-compliant plans, such as lower out-of-pocket maximums for members.
CCHPA partnered with Health Plan of Nevada and Sierra Health and Life based on insured employees having access to their full network of doctors, hospitals, and other health providers. Another important benefit was their more than two decades of experience with association health plans in Southern Nevada.
UHC APPROVED BROKERS CAN JOIN THE ACC HERE!
- HMO/POS/PPO plans with comprehensive pharmacy coverage.
- Dental and vision plans.
- Premium rates will not increase before September 2020.
- Broad network access, including Southwest Medical and the UHC national network for those who are traveling and for college students.
- Health plans will be supported by more than 5,000 local UnitedHealth Group employees, including 80 with direct experience supporting association health plans in Southern Nevada.
- Virtual visits through NowClinic, in which members can talk to health care providers through video, chat, phone and mobile devices.
- Wellness programs, including Real Appeal, an online weight-loss program.
Contact your broker for more information.
DON'T HAVE A BROKER ALREADY? DOWNLOAD A LIST OF APPROVED BROKERS HERE!